|Financial Literacy Classes
|Computer Lab & Workshop Schedule|
SparkPoint is a family-friendly place where hard-working, low-income people can access a full range of services to help them get out of poverty and achieve long-term financial stability. The center brings together the most effective nonprofit, financial and government partners to help clients build assets grow income and manage debt. SparkPoint clients work with a financial coach, who helps create a step-by-step plan to set and achieve personal financial goals. Because change does not happen overnight, SparkPoint commits to working with clients for up to three years to achieve their financial goals. SparkPoint services focus on four areas: improving credit, increasing income, building assets and increasing financial literacy knowledge
If you are struggling to make ends meet, you might not have time to get help at multiple locations or know what programs are available to you. That’s why United Way created SparkPoint OC: one-stop Orange County financial empowerment centers where hard working low-income residents can access a full range of free services. Families are teamed with a one-on-one financial coach who assist them with creating a step-by-step plan in these areas:
- Increasing income, from accessing public assistance to free tax prep, to job training and placement
- Managing credit, including improving credit score, managing debt, and creating a household budget
- Building assets, including matched savings accounts, and first-time home buyer programs
- Financial Literacy Classes (available in English and Spanish).
See how SparkPoint OC at ABRAZAR is sparking new hope here. SparkPoint Centers help families create step-by-step plans to tackle their unique needs, and connect them to services to address each one.
- Credit Counseling/Repair
- Business Development
- Job Placement/Training
- Benefit Screenings
- Career Development
- Individual Development Accounts
- Higher Education
- Home Ownership
- Entrepreneurship Training
- Free Tax Preparation (For those who qualify)
SparkPoint OC is a part of Orange County United Way's Income Initiative.